Indore - The throbbing heart of India
Indore, the State of Holkars is one of the major cities in India and the largest city and commercial capital of Madhya Pradesh State. Indore is situated 190 kilometers west to the State capital Bhopal. The city has a diverse population of Marathis, Marwaris, Punjabis, Rajasthanis, Sindhis, South Indians along with the local population called "Malwis" (the inhabitants of Malwa Region) and also known as "Mini Mumbai" due to the reflection of similarities present in Mumbai i.e. density of population, business-culture, food, entertainment etc. and also referred as "Ahilyanagari" (The city of Ahilya Bai Holker, the pious Lady Ruler of Malwa Region).
Facts and figures:
- Population : 19,60,631 (census 2011).
- Sex Ratio : 920 females per 1000 males
- Density : 9,718 per square kilometer (25,170 per square mile)
- Language : Hindi
- Area : 3,898 square kilometers (1505 square miles)
- Elevation : 553 meters (1814') from the sea level
- Climate : Summer : March - July, Rainy : August - October, Winder : November - February
- Distance from State Capital Bhopal: 190 kilometers
- Distance from New Delhi : 665.5 kilometres (413.5 miles)
- Distance from Mumbai : 522.8 kilometres (324.9 miles)
- Distance from Chennai : 1,164 kilometres (723 miles)
- Distance from Kolkata : 1,284 kilometres (798 miles)
- Major Industries : Automobile, Pharmaceutical, Steel, Fabrics
Major Institutions :
(1) Indian Institute of Management
(2) Indian Institute of Technology
(3) Raja Ramanna Centre for Advanced Technology
The reasons for I.T. giants like Infosys and TCS are knocking the doors of Indore are not undisclosed. They, of course, have looked at the enormous avenues for their future development at Indore, being the commercial capital of Madhya Pradesh, as the middle point of Indian subcontinent with a rich cultural heritage and beautiful climate throughout the year. Indore has a brilliant future, which time only could reveal.
TravelIndore.com is a collective endevour to explore the travel and tourism avenues of Indore. The enormous potentials of Indore attractions,especially the Royal Palaces,Chhatries or the Cenotaphs and the tourist places like Madavgarh or Mandu,Ujjain, Omkareshwar and Patalpani around Indore attract travellers from times immemmorial.The travel notes of Chinese pilgrims like Fa-Hiyan (399 AD) and Hiuen-Tsang (629 AD) reveal about their visits to the Central Province of ‘Malav Pradesh’which was then‘the heart of Gupta Empire’. The multi-cultural culmination of Malwa maintains tremendous potentials for emerging as a city of great tourist interest.The Pleasure of Indore Tour and Travels can only be felt by those who visit this wonderful region where always the local Indorians tremendously welcomed their guests.
The attractive travel packages offered by Travel Indore Group will certainly be a blessing for all those tourists who plan to visit Indore. Most of the packages cover all major tourist attractions in Indore, historical places, spiritual destinations and all such places of tourist interest in Indore and around, at very affordable prices.